We had a ton of fun doing this shoot and had a lot of banter so David decided to leave a lot of it in so we broke the peppers and steak into two episodes. Episode 5 will be out soon. The cheese in these peppers is “yogurt cheese” and we make it our selves. All you need is some cheese cloth or better yet “flour sack towels“.
Then all you need to do to make basic yogurt cheese is take one of these towels and dump plain yogurt with “live and active cultures” into it, stir in a bit of salt, put it in a metal strainer over a bowl and wait 12 to 24 hours. You will than have something akin to tangy cream cheese. But I have never made it so bland.
While your yogurt is still very soft is the time to stir in herbs and seasonings. Here are a few of my favorite things to add to it.
- Fresh Basil and Fresh Garlic – this is the universal one everyone likes
- Chopped Jalapenos and Garlic – What we used in this episode.
- Cracked Black Pepper, Rosemary and Thyme
- Cracked Black Pepper and Almond Slivers
- Lemon Zest and Chopped Walnuts
Hope you enjoy it and please tell us what you want to see next, we just might do it!